Spark of Life is a philosophy that has begun a social
movement for change starting in the field of dementia care and extending to
other fields of life.
In the field of dementia it is about creating a world where
people with dementia are valued as people who hold profound life wisdom, can contribute to society and as people who are in touch with the
essence of life.
Spark of Life as a philosophy has been developed
through Dementia Care Australia, a self-funded independent organisation
that received an international award in 2009 from IAHSA the
International Association for Homes and Services for the Ageing, which represents 30 countries. This award was for the work that Spark of Life does enabling dementia rehabilitation through a whole systems approach that
takes into account the whole community surrounding a person with dementia.
This approach can be accessed by carers and health
professionals through educational courses and information online via
the Dementia Care Australia website.
About our Founder
Many would know Jane Verity as the first
person to bring Person Centred Care to Australia. An important contributor
to dementia care training in Australia
and throughout the world for many years, she is also the founder of
Dementia Care Australia. Click here for more information>>
From time to time, our members and other industry
observers are kind enough to say nice things about us. Click here to view our inspirational testimonials>>
Products and services
have tailoured our sevices to cater for both the home carer and the
professional, with a range of services available including:
- Sunday Times - 'Mum's Spark of Life, Dementia message wins world acclaim. Click here to download article (pdf).
- Parlimentary Address - Federal
Member for Casey, Tony Smith, addressed Parliament about the recent IAHSA Ageing
Services award. Click here to download (pdf).
- Award - Spark of Life wins 2009 IAHSA Excellence in Ageing Services Award. Click here to read more.
- Lilydale and Yarra Valley Leader- 'Interest Sparked, program wins international award.' Click here to download (pdf).
- The Standard - 'Spark of Life wins international recognition for brightening up lives.' Click here to download (pdf).
- Event - Jane shares her knowledge and introduces the Spark of Life in Singapore at the
Asia Forum on Ageing 2009. Click here to read more.
- Quality Performance Systems (QPS) Benchmarking - click here
Professional surveys or reports
Research continues into the impressive results that can be obtained by implementing the principles of the Spark of Life approach. Click here for further information.
We would like to thank the
Bank® Branch of Bendigo Bank for their ongoing support.